Join the ASX Team!
To be considered for an internship at ASX applicants must possess the following:
• Commitment of 1-2 days per week are required
• An interest in Photography, Media, Art and Culture
Areas of involvement:
ASX Content Contributor
• The ideal candidate will be based in a large city and have thorough knowledge of and involvement in the local scene, including invitations to gallery shows or ability to obtain them. ASX can help in requesting invitations, but it will be the intern’s responsibility to keep abreast of developments in their city, and to inform ASX of potential shows to review. We are looking for interns in a variety of locations, including: Los Angeles, NYC, Paris, Berlin, Tokyo, Dubai, Shanghai, Cologne, London, Rio de Janeiro, Bejing, Doha, Kabul, Tehran, Sydney, Cairo, Buenos Aires, Kuala Lumpur, Seoul, Jakarta, Lagos, Nairobi, Capetown, and others. We will consider all areas.
• Interns will search for talent in their city, looking to uncover new photographers and artists that are a potential fit for ASX
• Interns will review photobooks, contribute short or long form essay assignments, and conduct interviews with artists. (strong writing and editing skills are a major plus!)
• Interns will explore the internet looking for specific content (text, visual, video) to aggregate on the ASX platform
ASX Technical Contributor
• Intern should possess programming skills, WordPress, HTML, CSS, etc.
• Interns should possess Adobe skills (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, etc.)
• Interns will work on various projects that are technical in nature and related to the ASX platform and its continuing expansion
Please email your CV and a letter of interest describing what you can bring to the American Suburb X platform as a contributor to the following address:
The letter of interest should include specific technical skills, connections, and motivations/ experiences that might make you the best candidate. No more than 500 words.